Christy Tonge is a passionate founder & producer of the Leaders Get Real podcast, where she enjoys hosting guests from iconic thought leaders and best-selling authors, to fresh voices from outside the traditional leadership arena, to inspirational executives "in the trenches.” Their wisdom, lessons learned and authentic stories enable listeners to become the leader they aim to be. Christy founded Leaders Get Real after journeying as coach with hundreds of leaders who had the courage to pursue authenticity and discover deeper impact. Her podcast grew from a vision to bring honest conversations about leadership to a broader circle to equip and inspire.
Beyond hosting Leaders Get Real, Christy is a strategically oriented, high-energy and thoughtful executive coach, facilitator, speaker and consultant. Her clients include:
LinkedIn, Visa, Yahoo!, Disney, Salesforce.com, Brocade, PG&E, Lucasfilm, Gilead, Charles Schwab, Dropbox and Dolby.
Christy offers extensive experience in Leadership and Change, Teams, Authentic Leadership Communication, Executive Presence, and Emotional Intelligence (EQ). She is passionate about partnering with organizations to reinvent leadership and purposeful company culture. Christy is also a certified TILT™ Practitioner.
Christy served as Product Manager and Senior Consultant for the Global Consulting firm, GP Strategies, and Director of Product Development for the Tom Peters Company, where she partnered with a series of bestselling authors and led the design of products and tools based on their books:
- Jim Kouzes & Barry Posner: The Leadership Challenge and Credibility
- Tom Peters: based on several of his books
- Terry Pearce: Leading Out Loud
- Terry Pearce and then Charles Schwab CEO David Pottruck: Clicks & Mortar: Passion & Growth in an Internet Driven World
Christy's view is that purpose and profits need not be separate pursuits. The clients Christy is most compelled to work with are those who are committed not only to improving their bottom line, but also contributing in a meaningful way in their community or in the world. Christy and her husband and 2 kids unplugged from school and work in the Silicon Valley for half a year recently for a global service venture, volunteering with organizations in poor villages in India, Thailand, Kenya, Uganda and Honduras. Christy holds passionately that people in any role, or at any age, can bring about transformational change.
Christy believes that taking one’s leadership to the next level is an “inside out” process. Her work with leaders is both reflective and results-oriented. Christy is energized by helping leaders combine character strengths, competence and personal connection for greater impact.
Learn more about Christy: www.linkedin.com/in/christytonge
Connect with Christy if you'd like...
- To recommend a leader you think would be an outstanding Podcast Guest
- To learn more about Executive Leadership coaching with Christy
- To help people in your team or company become agile with TILT (Character Strengths) Coaching
- To support the "forgotten middle" in your company with innovative Leadership Coaching packages for Mid-level leaders through a team of Coaches Christy leads
- To connect about the latest leadership tools or research
- To banter about your favorite movie, or dessert, or other topics of interest